Woodturners Day out

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kasandrich

Established Member
Reaction score
Had a day out yesterday with a couple of woodturning friends, started with a full English breakfast in a cafe, then on to Stiles and Bates in Dover, what a place, it was like an Aladins cave, bought a bowl gouge, and a few bits and bobs, including some wood blanks, a bowl blank in Ash and a base and spindle blank to make a candle stick.

Then we had lunch in a very nice country pub, steak and kidney pie, wholegrain mustard mash and veggies, washed down with a couple of diet cokes....lovely.

Then on to Axminster tools at Sittingbourne, that place is amazing, I could have come out of there very poor. I was very good and only bought a couple of wood blanks and a few more bits and bobs.

Then struggle back to Essex in time for our woodturning club night, I got home 10:45.

Lovely day with some good company, worst bit was, when I got home, and told the wife what I had bought, she said she fully expected me to come home with a Robert Sorby sharpening system, a bandsaw and a pillar drill! :lol:

Now, now Tom, you would need a
shoehorn to get any more kit in
your workshop. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Erm. Theres a recession on you know !

Grumble - no dedicated turning shops in Dublin - Grumble

Latest posts

Back