Woodstar PT 85-106

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pswallace

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am considering buying the woodstar PT 85 or 106,however I've heard that these type of low budget PT's can be hit or miss when it comes to quality..is this true ? ,anyone have one ?, Thanks Phil.

I had an Axy machine similar to that, I think they all come out of the same factory and are rebranded for the different makes. In terms of usability it did just what I wanted. The problem was it was just so loud. Try and get something second hand, you can get some amazing bargains on ebay if your patient. The woodstar machine is very expensive, for that sort of money you could get a decent full sized second hand PT that has an induction motor.

I agree with Chems ... very very noisy! Get something with an induction motor NOT brush motor like this and similar models.

I have the wood star PT85 paid around £200 for it four years ago. Cracking little machine has handled everything I have thrown at it so far, eats oak and sapele leaving a very good finish. Same blades in it as when I bought it. It is loud but with a good pair of ear defenders its fine. Only issue I have, but easily got around, if you leave the winding handle in the thickness-er when using thickness-ing, the vibrations make the handle spin around slowly and therefore adjusting the height. I now put the handle in my pocket once I have set me thickness. Overall I'm very happy and would buy another one...

Back