Woodrat question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markturner

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I just brought a WR900 from a forum member, but am having trouble setting it up? In particular, there are two aluminium flat guide bars that the base plate slides in, that on the website and in the instructions, are shown as being flush with the front edge of the base plate. When I fit mine to the base plate ( there are only 2 holes, so it can only be fitted in one position) the guide bars overhang the base plate by approx 7mm. I also cant figure out their function as having only one fixing point, they pivot around it, thus allowing the router plate to move sideways etc , which is surely not what it is supposed to do. The manual is not clear\ on their function and set up either.

is there anyone here who is familiar with the set up and usage of this machine who can point me in the right direction?

Cheers, Mark

These should fix with 2 screws each. They guide the router at 90 degrees to the main channel. Pics would help.

John

The rails should be secured by 2 x M8 socket head bolts towards the back of the plate and 2 x M4 csk. socket head set screws almost at the front edge. You ease the front ones to allow a smooth movement of the sliding router plate. The front screws are removed together with a star knob to allow angled cuts for dovetails when using the spiral cams. The star knob is essential for locking-off when making side to side cuts, or east/west as they are referred to.

I have only recently set mine up again after many years. I know that it isn't the easiest of machines to clarify the information out there, as there is quite a lot of historical stuff which misled me when looking a while back. I can take and send a photo in case there is model difference if that would help. Let me know.

Best of luck.

Think I have sussed the rail mountings , thanks guys. Now just need to try and get to grips with using it!! And great link to Aldels site, Thx again!!

Latest posts

Back