Woodrat on Ebay

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kev

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about these machines I must admit but know there are a number of you who seem to swear by them so thought you might like to know there is one for sale on ebay. Look in good condition. Noticed it when looking at dovetail jigs.

I am always surprised at the price you can get for a 10year old RAT? The current one on E bay will go for £300 to £400 while the new old is £475
It does not make sense to me.

I always wish they were cheaper on Ebay. But in fairness to the bidders they are few and far between, and I guess any saving is a saving if you're going to buy one anyway. There's not a great deal to go wrong with them so warranty/wear isn't that much of an issue. Often they include extras such as full cutter sets, which are £100+ in their own right.

Something better is on its way so im lead to believe . Aimed at the same price market .

JFC":2iwgwv3r said:
Something better is on its way so im lead to believe . Aimed at the same price market .

JFC: do you mean a new Woodrat? What's the scoop. ;)

I too have heard rumours from the Woodrat bunker, I thought a woodrat that cut both tails and pins at the same time was mentioned - or did I dream that.

Still happy ratting

Are we talking perhaps of the new plate with pin follower that was shown at Tools 2005? That conferred a degree of automation on the process.

The templates will be both standard or you will be able to order custom templates for your use. An example is if you require to cut out the shape of the USA - the template will allow for it to be repeated many times - so they are a function of your imagination

Back