Woodrat forum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Uwelin,

Welcome to the forum.

I have just had a quick look for the rat forum and got this:

We regret to announce that the Woodrat Forum is out of action and will remain so for the near future. Thank you to all those who have contributed. We hope to be back online with a new forum soon.

I am guessing that one of two things has happened, the box it was running has died or it got badly hacked and the backup refused to restore (if there was one) :x

I don't have a rat but there are a nuber of rat owners on this forum so if you have a problem they may will be able to help. :D

The new WoodRat forum is alive and well but on a different server.
Go to http://www.woodrat.com and select forum to renew your links.
You will also need to re-register as all the old data has been lost however I have a good deal of the previous info on my site.

Regards Aldel

To be honest, the Woodrat forum over the last few years seems to have veered around various hosts and after finding they never made any effort to record or save the "best" information and photos - into a section of their website I think they should have created for just such information - I now seldom even look there anymore. Aldels site is a much better source of info. Alternatively, this site has plenty of owners!

Adam

Okay, My mother told me that if I couldn't say anything nice, don't say anything at all BUT -

The Woodrat fora have been just like every Woodrat marketing initiative - pure unadulterated manure. The present forum seems to be on a box that serves like molasses in January (what price the disk is full and about to lose data?).

Having got that off my chest, it is a great device - I just wish Leigh Industries had developed it!

Bizarre. Why has this thread appeared after nine months? I know it's the standard gestation period, but this is ridiculous! :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Who can say lots of nice things about Aldel's site, but has just realised she's neglected to include it on her links page. Stupid, stupid, stupid... :oops:

have you looked at uwelin profile ,has he gone for bit of a cruise round the bermuda triangle :? looking for the old woodrat site :wink:

alf i will not call you stupid stupid :wink: but have you put aldels site on your links page now 8)

Thanks Alf for posting a link, but careful girl, don't go over the top. I might have to go all coy.
My hits have shot up since your table has been posted!!! I am patiently waiting for the next big jig design.

Thanks, Aldel :oops:

Jake":346vxxyb said:
Why has this thread appeared after nine months?
The cynic in me says 1975 has something to do with it.
<whistle>Foul! Red card to the cynic in Jake. :p That seems highly unlikely to me, although I see your suggestion has resulted in a post of welcome being removed, which is a shame. I was just intrigued whether it had suddenly appeared in a "new posts list" or something perculiar like that.

Frank, link all present and correct now. Can't think why I forgot it in the first place. :roll:

Aldel, hey, a deserved recommendation I reckon - coyness unnecessary. :D

Cheers, Alf

Back