Woodplug and countersink drill set.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark18PLL

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, i am looking around for a decent wood plug set, i also need a decent countersink drill set and want to cover 6mm, 8mm, 10mm holes. I have seen the veritas wood cutters but the only countersink drill bits i can see are trend.

Anyone know of a decent kit that won't cost the earth?

Cheers
Mark

I presume you have checked out the sets available from www.wealdentool.com ? They are tungsten tipped so not cheap but last forever. The trick with all plug cutters is to run them slowly - they quickly dull and overheat if run at a fast speed. Lastly, and this is something I never see mentioned, large plug cutters over 25 mm need a lot of power to work.
I once ( on impulse ) bought 30 - 50 mm plug cutters at a show and my bench top drill press simply can't turn them. I'm a bit reluctant to spend a grand on a floor standing drill press just for plug cutters. :geek:

Not sure if I am understanding correctly but for the smaller plug holes you would just use a decent drill bit, the countersinks with a drill bit built in leave a hole to be plugged of about 9.5mm and upwards.

I am only cutting small plugs and have found a Veritas set and a tapered countersink drill set from Axminster, thanks again.

Back