Woodpeckers now re-stocking Incra :edit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
As the subject says...just got an email back from them. Great shame. They seemed pretty good. Their website was pretty useful and stocked lots of Incra goodies.

Wonder why?

Roger,

This is bad news! Seems bizarre too considering their business was built on Incra. They still have it all over their website although some pages are now giving a 404.

i was just about to order a t-rule from them, well that explains why i could not find it on thier web site :(

Doesn't sound much like a mutually amicable seperation of ways.

Well then it could be that somebody else in the UK has got the sole representation for Incra.

Just wait and see who will stand up??

McLuma

We're talking Stateside here. I don't think it is a UK issue. I could be wrong. I notice that that well known woodworking supply company...chock full of woodworking experts who know their products inside out are stocking a fairly wide range of Incra but nowhere near as comprehensive as Woodpeckers.

Which company is that, do I hear you say? Why Amazon.com, of course. If I had to put money on it then I would say that here lies the root of the problem. Buying power.

Roger

MikeW - thanks for the link. Problem is that none of these people stock anything like the full Incra range..nor will the ones that I asked get anything in to special order. Even with shipping, import duty and VAT, ordering from someone like woodpeckers is...oops..was.. still the best option.

You guys don't know how lucky you are :wink:

Roger Sinden":291277cz said:
You guys don't know how lucky you are :wink:
It is easy to take things here for granted. I complain to myself concerning the need to order something from across the country and the time that involves (made worse if I forgot to order during the early stages of a project).

But you're right, of course. Just about anything is available (generally). No tarifs and, here in Oregon, no tax on purchases.

I would try the following company. They almost always have stock unless otherwise noted on the product page as a special order. They ship internationally but I don't know for what cost. They are a good company to do business with. Shoot their customer service an email for specific questions.

http://www.hartvilletool.com/index.php

Hi Mike

I followed up with Hartville who do not ship to the UK. We exchanged a few emails and their customer support, i have to say, was really excellent..particularly as there was no chance of a sale for them.

Bottom line...I spoke to customer service at Incra/Taylors who told me that woodpecker were carrying Incra again! Which is good news, indeed.

I've emailed woodpecker for confirmation.

Roger

Latest posts

Back