Woodpecker Phenolic Router Plate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Burgess

Established Member
Reaction score
At last my router plate arrived - a wait of many months. I ordered a template to fit it but our good friend Roger did not order one for me. After all the trouble I had I am not wanting to wait any longer. I could make my own jig but was wondering, as the plate is a standard 9 1/4 X 11 3/4", if anybody has one? If you have got one can you PM to discuss terms.
Thanks
Barry

Barry, can't make your own from a piece of 12mm mdf?

Doesn't really need rounded corners for the template, just cut a rectangle to suit the size of the cutter and guide bush.

Surely it's as simple as that, or am i missing something :?

Yeah! It has finally arrived!

Glad to hear you have your plate now, I am sure you
will get to enjoy using it soon.

As you know I made my own template but to be honest I bodged it
a bit and had to wrap some parcel tape along one side of the template.

If I had to do it again I would wait for the correct template.

AndyB

Andy

Sorry, I did not see you reply before I posted.

It probably is that simple - but I decided I had to have
the correct corner radius and then it became messy.

Next time I would KISS

AndyB

To both Andy's the table top is 700 X1220mm of two birch ply sheets glued and screwed together and then laminated on both sides. Cut the mitre track down the 1220 and cut track for one of the fences and inserted two metal tapes in the table If I screw it up and it does not fit exactly I will be totally *issed off. I decided to make the table to replace my existing Triton table. With your second table you want it flat and no gaps.
Andy(LyNx) the woodpecker phenolic plate has 8 leveling screws that allow the plate to be leveled with the table from above . The router bit insert are threaded so they fit level with the table and do not move. I want to get it right even if I have to do a test cut out of scrap.
Got an Incra Original router jig,fence & right angled fence(an earlier version of Philly's) for $59 a 40% discount from Rockler as an additional fence for the table.

hope you marked it out, sso that you don't hit any screws when machining out for the insert :wink:

LyNx":67uz7is0 said:
hope you marked it out, sso that you don't hit any screws when machining out for the insert :wink:

Yes I did but extended two of the tracks and hit 4 screws and did in 2 router bits. I am now not changing anything from the original design
Barry

Latest posts

Back