Woodpecker or Jessum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

segovia

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Woodpecker - Jessum

I am thinking of making a router table using one of these lifts, can you suggest which on would be best base don your experiences . They are both priced at just over £200.00 at Rutlands

John

It appears that Axminster have just begun to offer their own lift too - might be worth a look. It only seems to be offered as part of a package with a choice of routers at the moment, but I'm sure they'll have it as a separate entity before long.
718382_inset1_xl.jpg

Cheers,
Neil

I did spot the Axminster but at 300.00 + it is considerable more expensive

John

Just spotted it includes a router, can't see it on it listed on it's own though

I suspect the lift will end up being sold on it's own. On the basis that they flog the router for £310 and the normal package price is £477 then the lift should be about £167 (see what I did there! :D ).

I've fancied the woodpecker for a while as it looses little off the height of a cutter.

Not sure about the axi version as no details given. Could be a rival for the woodpecker though?

I know its hard to tell from the pictures but the quality of the Axi looks impressive- if your calcs are right there is about 50.00 in it - at that price I may stick with the woody based on reviews.

I'll ask Axi technical tomorrow and see if it is available on its own.

John

John have you seen Woodperckers new (or newer) lift http://www.woodpeck.com/prlv2.html It has a few updated parts, including a fine adjusting thumb wheel, and at todays exchange rate it costs the same as the two you mentioned £200. You can also get it over here through the woodworkers workshop http://www.woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/woodpeckers.htm

Mind you that Axminster one looks good if you can get them to sell it to you on its own.

Cheers

Mike :D

Money no object, I'd have one of those Bosch Routers. I do like the option of fixed or plunge. My concern with that lift is the chain. Wouldn't it get caked in dust?

When I looked it said the normal package price will be £407, therefore the axminster should be by far the cheapest (taking into account the discount they will still be giving for buying a package.).

Mark

Woodworkers Workshop import woodpeckers gear. (No, I'm not on commission, but I should be!)

segovia":24tn01j3 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7CnVJr332E

I did see it here but didn't consider it as I thought it may be over budget, at current exchnage rate this is £200.00 plus about £45.00 duty - plus shipping

If the shipping is inexpensive it may be worth a look.

John

John as I said the Woodworkers Workshop, who are a UK based company sell the complete Woodpeckers range. There are a few forums members who have dealt with the guy (I forget his name now) and apparently he is very good.

Cheers

Mike

The new woodpecker lift looks amazing. A bit out of my price range though. I like the fine adjustment it has and the quick release to lift the router for bit changing. I'm not in the market for one but if i was The woodpecker would be the one.

Roger has a strange outlook on the internet. He basically thinks that his business is better off without a proper e-commerce website. Although that seems bonkers to me, he seems to be doing well in his business. You have to call him. :?

Back