Woodmex 2006

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi FTC

This is more of a trade show, isn't it? If it's the one I'm thinking about it's a couple of weeks before Stoneleigh.

Cheers
Neil

Hi

Yes, this is more of a trade show - all men in suits, probably no demonstrations and nothing on sale on the day!
This is aimed at the manufacturer and the standholders will probably want to take orders for pallet loads!

I would have thought that the Stoneleigh show, despite its faults, is the better option.

I must say that whilst I won't be going, the report does make me see the show in a different light...

Chris,
Many thanks for digging that one out, I tried to find it but your obviously much better at the search than I :D :D .

Just to add to the report I made, this is a trade show, but anyone can apply for a pass, Last year you just had to state an interest of some sort in the Wood industry.

It is true it's mainly about demonstrating and showing off the range of products, meeting customers (old & new) I think the modern term is "networking".

It is growing each time and more & more smaller firms are representing.

It is true very few stands are selling the wares on the day (some of these machines are so big you need a fleet of Artic's to follow you home :D .

But as I said this is a real trade show in the old tradition of shows, a bit like the Motor Show you can look & touch but you can't buy it on the day. But you can place an order obviously.

There are a few stands that are allowed to sell though. But remember the NEC like other show venues charges exhibitors a lot more money if they are selling goods on the day.

In regard to the adjacent hall showing finished products etc, there was a few firms displaying the range of furniture fittings etc traditional and modern ( some were very futuristic).

I hope all the firms are there again in 2006 and hopefully a whole lot more that weren't, but I can't guarantee that it will be as good as 2004. But it certainly has the potential IMHO.

Hope this helps :D

Back