Woodkateers + 1 Foray into Devon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
His Phillness plus Martyn2 arrived earlier than expected at my WS and after sorting out 6 cuft of wood for Philly we took a trip to a well known plane collector/dealer in Broadmayne.

It wasn't long before Philly started buying yet another plane for his collection, you can see the smile on Martins face as he offloads another masterpiece on the unsuspecting Philly. A bit like going into Aunty Wainwrights shop in Last of the Summer Wine

Woodkateers-Day-Out-001.jpg

The day getting off to a good start sees us motoring down to Axminster for a little browse in the shop.

Didn't take Philly long before he was up at the counter with his goodies.

Woodkateers-Day-Out-002.jpg

Martin & Martyn 2 were soon following on the tradition with thier bag of spoils.

Woodkateers-Day-Out-004.jpg

Me, I settled for some of those vapour cannisters to keep the rust at bay.

Woodkateers-Day-Out-003.jpg

We then trundled off to Bere to a second hand tool shop and have some lunch in the village pub.

Not much in the way of goodies in the tool shop so had an interesting lunch in the pub.

All in all a good day out, its good to get together with forum members outside of the shows. Thanks to the other 2 Woodkateers & Martyn 2

Looks like a good day :wink:

Just left wondering how you kept Philly to buying so few things :lol:

Only wish Axminster was a litle closer....

I tell you its a set up!!! 8-[
Yes, it was a good day out-thanks Fellas!
And Waka, you are fooling no-one with the "I only bought some nik-nak" rubbish. Ask him about monster P-T's people :twisted:
Cheers
PoorInnocentPhil :D

:D yes indeed , it was a good day out, I can understand why they call themselfs Woodkateers as soon as you meet up they cut wood :shock:

thanks for the good company :D and intresting day out

martyn (the one they can blame it all on) :D

More details please, descriptions of items purchased . . including you Waka

Does sound like a good day out

Andy

It looks like you had a fun trip. I only wish Axminster had a branch near me so that I could emulate you.

Gill

I remember the first time i went to APTC. It was before the new one opened.
I parked up in a small P&D carpark in the town centre, the only trouble is, i was so excited i forfot to P&D! :oops:

Tony":1dcskao2 said:
]Just left wondering how you kept Philly to buying so few things

It was difficult, even with 3 of us keeping an eye he kept sneaking away.

Andy

I'll come clean, can't speak for the rest of them but my purchases are in the pic, and honestly that's all I left the shop with.

Woodkateers-Day-Out.jpg

Turning this shade with jealousy. Looks like a great day!
How long does it take to get to Axminster from Brighton? :cry:
Stewart

Hitch":2mni5cxt said:
I remember the first time i went to APTC. It was before the new one opened.
I parked up in a small P&D carpark in the town centre, the only trouble is, i was so excited i forfot to P&D! :oops:

Hi there Hitch,and welcome to the forum :D

(Is that Hitch as in "hitachimad"?)

Andrew

Ello Powertool, yes it certainly is! Thought it would just be easier to be known as Hitch.
Cheers for the welcome! 8)

Latest posts

Back