Woodfords lack of interest!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TC

Established Member
Reaction score
Phoned Woodfords this morning requesting information on Xcalibur 10" and 12"table saws,the guy I spoke to didn't have a clue,someone else phoned me back, he didn't have a clue either,said he'd find out, I am still waiting!
Their website is rubbish,and it seems to be matched by their attitude. Do they want to sell these things or not?
Has anyone within reasonable distance of Sturminster Newton, Dorset got one that I could have a look at?, or, given their lack of interest,is it worth pursuing at all, or should I just bite the bullet and import the "genuine" article?, a Delta Unisaw.
If this is the way that Woodfords go on before I've placed an order,what is the after-sale service like?

Rant over(for now) TC

:D Dorset i think we have 3 or 4 in Dorset I live in poole and I know of 2 in Poole I have the basic 10" contractors (801) saw drop me a line (PM) you would be welcome to look and play. Look at Philly’s website as well his write up on them is good :p don’t be put off by the service :twisted: the product is good . :D

Martyn

Hi TC

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe their attitude is a reflection on the fact that they sell them so easy they don't need to bother. Bad attitude still sucks though whatever the reason.

I have no experience of the Xcalibur but I can tell you the 'real thing' is IMO faultless but much more expensive than the Xcalibur.

Jeff

Call Woodfords and ask to speak to either Tim or Ron. Tim sold me mine and was very chatty indeed.

I did then pop into their show room in Stockport to have a look, but I found Tim to be very helpful.

Still waiting on that pulley they promised to send me though..

TC

Firstly let me welcome you to the forum.

When I dealt with Woodford it was through a guy called Tristian and he was very helpful and knowledgable on the machines.

regarding Xcalibars in Dorset, as Martyn2 says there are a number of different models. I have the 12" 807, Philly the 10' 806 but not sure of who has the other models.

Myself i am away but I'm sure Philly will be only two pleased to gloat to you in person, he does that sort of thing.

Regarding the quality of the xcalibar, it is excellent and for the price a very good machine, having said that I'm sure there are a lot of other makes out there that will match, it all depends on how much you want to spend.

As others have said don't be put off by a few negative phone calls.

Waka":2es7ypqm said:
TC

When I dealt with Woodford it was through a guy called Tristian and he was very helpful and knowledgable on the machines.

Tristin delt with me and he was very good .

martyn

The guy i dealt with from woodford was Derek Biggins and he was very helpful.....giving him a call might get it sorted for you :D

I too am part of the Xcalibur possey around here :D and am very happy with the machine (804).....you won't go far wrong for the money.

welcome to the forum btw :D

Cheers

Evening All, Thanks to everyone that responded, especially Matyn and Philly(I'll be in touch)

I'll give Woodfords another try on Monday.right now, I'm just about to go off to Lincolnshire for the weekend.

Thanks again, TC

tc phone derek biggins i will pm his mobile number to you ,the woodford saws are the biz nailer got a good one in the 804 ,i got the one with the sliding table and have never used the sliding table .take a look at nailers .

frank

Tristian dealt with my order on the phone ( ask for discount ) and sent my receipt by e mail.

After looking for over a year at table saws at two shows and internet I settled on a 804 and I never seen one in the flesh but I am glad I did purchase a Xcalibur what a solid machine

Back