Woodford

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I clicked on the Woodford site today for a quick drool.(Damn that Philly) and for the first time the pictures worked.Just thought I would let you know

Somebody mention my name??? :lol:
Glad Woodford are getting their site back together-I notice on the home page it mentions that some of the products are no longer sold....
Still, don't let it put you off-they rule!
Cheers
Philly :norm:

I should have known when I started this thread that the pictures were old.Last year I had a chat with some one from woodford and he informed me that they do not sell the jointer which is illustrated.Added to that the price of the 10" saw was incorrect and out by quite a bit.Kind of puts you off when things are not correct. I don't think people realise how important a web site can be to a business.

I must say I am under impressed by this website its been rarely there over the last few weeks, when it is its incomplete. It also sounds like its out of date by other posts. Currently its not possible to get to their home page you get a 403 forbidden. You can get in at a lower level if you know it.

http://www.woodforwm.co.uk/acatalog/ seems to work.

I also sent them an e-mail to which they haven't replied in two weeks.

This sort of thing puts me right off a company, which is a shame as by all accounts the actual kit sounds very good and reasonably priced. :(

Gav

Philly wrote
I believe

Yeah right, more like it's tattooed across your fingers,

.......O..O..D...............R..D..W
....W............F.........O.............M

TX

Sorry Philly :norm: , couldn't help it :oops: :D

when i got my saw i asked about the web site i was told a friend of the boss sorted out the site and he made a few errors but they cant say anything to the boss about it :roll:

The Woodford website has been updated. No awful frames and the machines have been updated in the online shop :D -http://www.woodfordwm.co.uk/

Mod edit to make the link clickable. Honestly, Charley... :roll: :wink:

Admin edit: I didn't want to make it too easy for them :wink: Thanks though, I did notice but was to lazy to edit it :oops:

Charley":h7xklb7h said:
The Woodford website has been updated. No awful frames and the machines have been updated in the online shop :D -http://www.woodfordwm.co.uk/

Well, I think they've got a bit more work to do on their website, and someone needs to lend them a calculator so that they can publish VAT inclusive prices, on their semi-professional machines such as the xcaliber range, or do they think that semi professionals are going to be able to reclaim the VAT?

John

waterhead37":cjrlc48e said:
The web site doesn't inspire confidence!
It isn't the best :( But at least now it looks like they are trying to make an effort, well they show products they actually sell now :-k

Some companies just aren't clued up to how important a website is these days and if you haven't got a user friendly site, it just puts people off.

In their defence, I've been in contact with them since before Christmas on the phone and they are always friendly and helpful.

Charley, what and when, then?

Rgds

Noel

Noel":22ad97ln said:
Charley, what and when, then?

Rgds

Noel
The 806 table saw :oops: :D Same one as Philly and the one recently reviewed by Keith. In fact as far as I know it IS the one Keith reviewed, if you look closely at the pic in the mag you can see a sold sticker :p

After the jointer I decided I wanted more cast iron. I was doing well until Tools 2004. Just after I left the LN stool with a No5 in my bag, I met Philly and he quickly dragged me up the hand tool slope and then pointed me in the direction of the machine slope :roll: :lol:

Sent the cheque off today so should be here next week \:D/

Philly should only really be let out amongst the woodworking public under a vow of silence and a prominently displayed health warning... :roll: :lol: I suppose you're going to get a you-know-what to go with it too? #-o

Cheers, Alf

Back