Woodford woodworking tooling

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danieljw

Those that never make mistakes, never made anythin
Reaction score
Does anyone here use these dudes?
I bought some planner blades for my planes, had to return one set.
They said they will refund me if I returned them and send me another set if i paid for them.
So i paid for the new set ( apparently it was a problem for them to contra the invoice because of price difference).
Then paid €13.00 postage from spain to uk (postage of goods has doubled since brexit)
I recieved the new blades two weeks ago.
I sent the other blades recorded delivery.
Now they do not answer my emails, completely ignoring my requests for communication.
I'm assuming they have gone or are busy going bust, be careful of spending with them...

Not defending them/him, I have used Woodford once or twice without problem but that means nothing. I have seen numerous reports on here about communication and none of them are positive.

I don't know about the state of the business, but I can imagine that they are flat out busy selling the machines that they have on hand and are struggling to get new stock in. Seems to be the theme everywhere. None of this helps you of course but hopefully it means that all is not lost.

For anybody considering a big purchase, use a credit card just in case.

I've only made one order with them back in 2019. I received the wrong item for my thicknesser (my mistake) so had to return and buy the correct item. They did take a couple of days to reply to my email but the refund did go through the same day I received a reply.
Sorry that doesn't help much. Pandemic or not, I think a couple of weeks with no reply is out of order.

Last edited:
One of the less joyous aspects of Brexit is the difficulty in doing what was previously of little consequence - sending parcels to our friends across the channel.

You now need to have the right paperwork, customs clearance, VAT issues etc. No doubt it will all settle down in time but right now import or export is a high risk business!

Back