Woodford machinery.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonny boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, I collected one of the cast iron router tables from woodford today and have to say that the table is superb. Twice the machine of the Ryobi RT6000 and the Record power one and at half the cost. Roy at Woodford is a true gent and made it clear that if I wasn't happy with anything or the service, to get back in touch and it would be sorted immedietly. I cannot recommend this supplier enough and would also just like to point out that they have now changed address from the one on their site so give them a call first before visiting.
cheers,
jonathan.

Had my eye on one of these since I 'won' a Delta 1/4 hp baby power feeder, thought "now I can climb cut on the router table". Alas still waiting for SWMBO to request a little break up north....Can you tell us a bit more about it?

Certainly!,
On opening the box, all parts complete with nothing missing. Table covered in the usual slime and nothing broken or damaged. I once used a Ryobi RT6000 a while ago and wasn't that impressed by it. The fence set up and sliding table unit seemed a little clunky and since then, I have been put off by the cast iron router tables. Last week though, I urgently needed a table and decided to go for the Woodford model. The table is superb, nice and flat and polished to perfection. The fence body would feel quite at home on a spindle moulder, it's one hell of a lump of iron and just doesn't budge once tight. I like the simplicity of the set up and using it, you feel confident about it keeping accuracy. If your someone who just want's to raise and lower your cutters with a simple above the table handle, then it may not be for you but I have my Bosch GOF2000 fitted in it and don't mind reaching under or just raising the table up 45 degrees to set up. This table is a no frills solid table, and solid fence set up and has to be one of the best bargains available for £160. It's hard to see how they can make any money on them.

cheers,
jonathan.

Sounds really good buy! Presumably there's a machined spot underneath to bolt/clamp router to - is that drill and bolt, ot clamps? How thick's the table here - ie how much plunge do you loose? How big's the hole for big cutters? What sort/ size of inserts? Happy routing!

Back