Woodex08 Show Free Admission

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hancock

Established Member
Reaction score
For those interested I've just received the following info about free admission

http://www.meridienneexhibitions.co.uk/html/woodex.html

We have decided to make WOODEX 08 a FREE ADMISSION SHOW for all visitors.
We have also taken the step of reducing stand costs to encourage the return
of many trade exhibitors which I am pleased to confirm has been very
successful.

If you should have any comments - please feel free to confirm that YES
that's right its FREE ADMISSION!

I tried to link to the press release but couldn't so copied it below:

The exhibition will have no less than twelve well known demonstrators in attendance – turners, carvers,
furniture makers and polishers whilst the clubs will again be showing a vast range of their members’ work. Last
year saw no less than 26 demonstrators and club members working with their lathes and we expect the same
level of exhibits of people’s work – some 800 pieces of work.

Confirmed demonstrators include; Reg Sherwin, John Berkeley, Ray Jones, Guy Ravine, Lisa Raby, John
Pizzey, Anne Hayes, Reg Slack, Stephen Cooper, Mark Hancock, Michael Painter and Andrew Mather.

The show covers all areas of woodworking including turning, carving, carpentry and marquetry and there will
be something for everyone at the show. It is widely enjoyed by enthusiasts young and old as well as general
DIY enthusiasts and anyone with an interest in practical hobby work.

Thanks for the heads up on that Mark, certainly sounds like there might be a bit more going on this year.

There must have been a fair few complaints last year.
We spoke to a few people last year who said that they were going to complain about the entry fee and the lack of stalls.
Might be worth a visit again this year then :D

WiZeR":1lcrq1j4 said:
sounds like a trade/industry show to me?

Far from that if past events have been anything to go by WiZer, main complaint over the last couple of years has been that it ended up more of a turning and craft fair than a woodwork exhibition, with the stall pricing driving the companies away.

The free admission sounds like a desparate attempt to rescue something that last year gave the impression it might be the last.
Don't know how they are funding it but if the lower stall holder costs can encorage more of the big names to partake then it can only be a good thing, I guess someone has realised that a small profit is better than loosing the whole thing completly.

The model making/engineering shows at the venue are usually better attended by the trade stands.

I was going to post about woodex but was waiting for a email from meridienne to confirm it was free

Back