WOODEX ‘05 22 - 24 April 05 - Warwickshire Exhibition Centre

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the pictures of this mass meeting of the finest minds in woodworking (and Andy :wink: ) are... where? C'mon folks, we want mug shots, gloats, outrageous lies. You know the drill. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Hi Andy

Yes, I'll definitely give thought to a mobile base. First, though, I want it to arrive so that I can have a play... errr :oops: ... learn how to use it effectively and employ it productively ;) .

:)

Gill

andy king":c9yek1x2 said:
Good to say 'hello' to a few faces from the forum, hope you enjoyed the show!
There's a serious Festool gloat lacking here though! Andy

I know of one Festool purchase - watch this space :wink:

Edited to add: not mine

DaveL, where's that picture of the 4, err, people who went to the show?

Noel

Noel":uao67qk6 said:
DaveL, where's that picture of the 4, err, people who went to the show?
Would you mean this one?
Dscn3464s.jpg

err Gill any room in that bunker?

I would like to hi all of the other forum members that I met at Woodex, I had a great time, I hope you did. :D

I don't think it was quite as busy as last year, I could wander with ease, stand and stare at interesting stuff as well as laugh and joke with the Staff on the stalls and my forum friends. =D>

I did buy a few bits.
Dscn3469s.jpg

I have not had time to try all of them out but you've just got to open them and start somewhere.
Dscn3471s.jpg

Well thats another one for the mantel piece to keep the kids away from the fire. :whistle:

Bean":1kddug8n said:
nice Pinny Dave :wink:
Just what the LOML said. :roll:

Bean":1kddug8n said:
Whats that your unwrapping ???

Its a Veritas Micro-Adjust wheel marking gauge, I did not have a good marking gauge and as its only £2 more than the standard one I got the micro-adjust. 8)

es1503eq.jpg

Difficult to get too excited by a sander, but this is good. Got a good deal on the disks too. Mind you, for the price of it, they should give you free disks for life!

Cheers
Steve

Hoo, hoo! Nice apron Dave-maybe all members should have one made up and we'll wear them to shows to identify ourselves???? No? Suits yourself... :lol: :lol:
Any chance of i.d.ing the famous four in the photo (i recognize international woodwork star S. Maskery, but not the good looking ones..... :roll: )
Cheers
Philly :D
Wearing his pinny with pride

It's the bloke in the white shirt I'd be worried about. Looks like a double glazing salesman........Well dodgy........

Noel

Philly":3kwgt9nx said:
! recognize international woodwork star S. Maskery, but not the good looking ones..... :roll: )

Cheeky pipper!
Karl Houtslager, IWWSSM, Tony, Newbie Neil.

Nice to meet up with others too. Good conversations with Keith (we swapped magazine tales...), Roger from WWW (always got his nose on a business idea or two), Dave, Jorden (who managed to father a foal that very morning), Badger, Andy and Dave Roberts from GW... have I missed anyone?

Mind you, I don't think Keith is real, you know. If I understood him correctly, his lovely lady INSISTS HE BUYS TOOLS. Now that's just not normal, is it?

Cheers
Steve

Enjoyed the day and it was good to meet other forum members and put names to faces.

Purchased a number of small bits and pieces - digital caliper, jig making bits, toggle clamps etc. 24 tooth Crowley saw blade (50%) off) though I'm not sure the blade was a good buy after reading reports on the forum - time will tell.

Brother in law purchased a tormek wet grinder and a number of jigs, chisels and leather tool bag.

Guys.jpg

The handsome famous 4 - Karl houtslager, Steve, DaveL, Newbie Neil

Dave the apron looks good mate - how do you like the veritas gauge eh? Thanks for the tip on those countersinks - incredible :shock:

Neil - thanks again for the lift, really is appreciated :wink:

Steve, I know you only bought the Festool to out-gloat my Metabo and FREE 750 sanding disks :twisted:

Martin - I have no idea how I stopped myself from buying that #6 after all the testing I gave it :oops: nice to meet you at last :wink:

Next year?

Hi Noel

Noel":qnqzm0ou said:
It's the bloke in the white shirt I'd be worried about. Looks like a double glazing salesman........Well dodgy........ Noel

Well dodgy I might be, but the shirt was a light blue. :lol:

I was trying to help sales of the Fein Multimaster. :wink:

The worst bit for me was when we were having a coffee and discovering that I was the oldest by four years. :shock:

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":21pi24ho said:
The worst bit for me was when we were having a coffee and discovering that I was the oldest by four years. :shock:

Cheers
Neil

and I was the youngest :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back