Wooden Window Seals

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny

Reaction score
Hi
I am replacing some old seals from my hardwood windows.
The seal I am looking for is Q-LON 3097 in Bronze (see attached photo )
Unfortunately you can only buy this in a 150m roll at about £180.
I only require 20m.
Does anyone know of a someone who has this in stock and would be willing to supply this smaller amount?
Thanks in anticipation.
Bunny

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 12
Have you tried axminster? I've bought short lengths of seals from them in the past

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately the Aquamac 124 won't give me the depth of 18mm needed

Windows, 18mm seals? Have you tried closing them??
Seriously can you pop up a photo of why you need 18mm seals. I can’t think of any window design that would need a 3/4” gap seal got all around or at any closing point: but every day is a school day.

Wasn't sure from your first post whether you have tried the manufacturer themselves? If not, that's worth a go... When I was in a similar position a few years back that's what I did and they had some part used rolls available so I didn't have to buy it in large quantities when all I needed was a small amount...

To my surprise, Wealden tools sell the common Aquamac profiles by the metre, as well as standard length rolls.

Obviously they also have the tooling too.

I only noticed because I'm looking for a cutter, as I have sufficient left from a 25m roll of Aquamac AQ21 to draughtproof our French doors properly (having just got rid of the mortice lock. Wealden do an 8mm shank one that will fit my small Bosch router, so can be used handheld (VERY carefully!).

I've found Reddiseals have a good selection - edit: [and 25m reels].

I once contacted the sales people at Schlegel UK and they were extremely obliging - they may be able to identify a solution for you (either an alternative or a source of supply - they are/were good with dishing out trade samples).

Latest posts

Back