Wooden Toys

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Brubaker

Established Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I had to turn in this year's crop of toys for distribution to children of needy families at Christmas. Attached is a group photo consisting of 1 dinasaur with animated legs & head & tail bobbing up &down. 2 hand pump rail cars, 3 jigsaw puzzles of a macaw, 2 shoelace tops, 2 articulated monarch caterpillars with rotating balls in each body section & 2 waddling ducks. The niche in the hallway to the kitchen now seems pretty bare with them gone. Gonna have to do something about that.

Thanks for looking

Lee

IMG_0348.jpg

Well actually Brian making toys for donation is a two way street. Having turned 80 this year Iam no longer into making large projects & the toys for donation is a means of staying reasonably proficient in the workshop without cluttering up the household with handmade stuff. Also, while I often utilize plans found in books & keeping in mind that they come from professional toy makers who need simplicity & speed in building them in order to make a living it is interesting to me to try to figure out ways to improve the design because time is not a factor for me. Toy making also controls the amount of cut offs (shorts) cluttering up the shop by using them for something beneficial. Is the above selfish or what ?

Lee

Lee Brubaker":p2hagr3u said:
Is the above selfish or what ?

Lee

Well I don't think so Lee. I like your philosophy, keeping your hand in by making small projects like you do for others. Keep it up Lee as I'm certain your efforts are appreciated.

regards

Brian

Latest posts

Back