wooden toy blocks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So - using the tools I have and being more deliberate with the bandsaw, slightly over-cutting and then sanding... using one as a template to which the others are sanded- I then get this:

2DD21675-1F89-463B-BE3D-A6D0F7D8ABE4.jpeg

much better...
Mitre saw is on the shopping list for Black Friday but nice to still improve in use of current tools...

looking at reviews on here I am going for a Bosch: BOSCH GCM 8 SJL 216MM SLIDE MITRE SAW such as this one... Bosch GCM 8 SJL 216mm Slide Mitre Saw & Stand
Unless there is a better option for the money?!

Much neater! Even adults may not spot the sub mm differences!
Just take more care (with your fingers), compared to using a bandsaw.
Chopsaws can be quite dangerous!

Neat and tidy!
Based on distant memories of playing with whatever bits of wood were in my Dad's offcut box, one big advantage of home made sets is that they don't all have to be the same size, though modular sizes are good.

One easy quick win is to include some strips and rectangles of (say) 6mm plywood, for lintels and roofs, which are a whole number of bricks along each edge. Kids will appreciate being able to add a floor or roof to their buildings.

Care will be taken :)
Thin sheets - also a good idea and for ramps for cars etc - lots of uses!

it is £15 off the saw there, and the package gives a further £20ish off the stand, so about £35 discount... not sure how good a saving that is, I suspect that somewhere there will be a better saving over black friday which is only the end of next week, so probably worth waiting for...

looking at reviews on here I am going for a Bosch: BOSCH GCM 8 SJL 216MM SLIDE MITRE SAW such as this one... Bosch GCM 8 SJL 216mm Slide Mitre Saw & Stand
Unless there is a better option for the money?!
That's the one I have - I couldn't find a better option with the same capacity without spending a lot more. Just one thing to be careful of: to get that cutting capacity with a relatively small blade, it's got a lot of travel in the slides, and they're the type that sticks out behind the saw. Plus the extraction port is on the very back, facing backwards. All in all it needs a lot more space behind it than you'd think, so bear that in mind if you were planning to put it against a wall.

Thank you - good confirmation - will have a saw bench for it and it will be put up in an empty space and then put away so shouldn’t matter...

Latest posts

Back