Wooden Planes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something to think about is that this plane may have been shortened at the front and the makers name removed in the process.
Any chance of a few shots of the front end, from side front and above?
Another point is that this plane, unless altered has the early characteristic of having no "spring" , meaning it is used vertically and not offered up to the work at an angle.

Cheers
Andy

Never mind the planemakers stamp. It's still a nice one and pretty old at that.
Yesterday I recieved a Dutch plane with all the style elements of the 18th century, but alas also without a planemakers stamp. In fact it looks like an owner punched his mark over the original maker mark! The silly person.
Oh well, anything can happen in a 200 year time frame.

In the same package was a newer plane from a planemaker from Rotterdam, the town where I have lived and still work . That's kind of cute.

toolsntat":3nbnfq5i said:
Something to think about is that this plane may have been shortened at the front and the makers name removed in the process.
Any chance of a few shots of the front end, from side front and above?
Another point is that this plane, unless altered has the early characteristic of having no "spring" , meaning it is used vertically and not offered up to the work at an angle.

Cheers
Andy

Hi Andy

Sorry for the delay.

DSC00382Medium.jpg

DSC00383Medium.jpg

DSC00384Medium.jpg

DSC00385Medium.jpg

J S Johnson is stamped all over the thing. Got to be a previous owner's mark\name - not a makers one. Now here's the challenge. What is the following plane for & how is it used?

DSC00387Medium.jpg

DSC00388Medium.jpg

DSC00389Medium.jpg

Cheers

Dibs

Your mystery plane is a user made side rebate :wink:

Cheers for the other pics , alas all I would say is that it was "shot" in the length at some stage but probably not "cut" down and goes into the mystery maker dept....And the fence is deffo an addition.

Cheers
Andy

Back