Wooden knives and nails could be on the way....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardG

If at first you don’t succeed have a cup of tea.
Reaction score
Hard Wood Paper

939DF327-74BF-44C1-9B36-70EDF8DDF3C8.jpeg

Was going to say the same as Droogs. Been trying to find an excuse to get a lignoloc gun for ages, sadly no job has come up, yet...

As far as the chemically treated and pressed method, not sure it's actually going to be very eco friendly etc, seems labour intensive so probably not cheap either. If its made from waste material then it could be worth it I guess.

Ollie

Those are basically dowel pins @Jacob What's been discussed here is actual nails that are hammered in without the need to pre-drill a hole. The lignoloc seperates the fibres and actually uses the speed of insertion to "melt" the lignon so it acts as a glue. Clever stuff really

I saw a video of it on flipboard, the guy was gently tapping the nail into 3 layers of 5mm 'timber' but it definitely wasnt convincing 😆

I read an article about wooden windows the other day. Window panes, not window frames.
Some clever stuff going on with wood, but I'm not sure it can properly be called wood after it has been subjected to such radical treatments.
Fascinating stuff, though!

Back