Wooden-handled screwdrivers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a set but they are similar to Garrett Wade's.

Chris wrote
And here I was thinking that all old tool curators were essentially metal bashers at heart. How can you hope to fix anything that needs a bit of TLC beyond a good clean without some knowledge of hammer and anvil?

Ahem, you might have noticed I said to heat the tang with a torch. Although I do have a Cannady-Otto forge with hand cranked blower, a Peter Wright anvil, a Champion post drill, a post vise and assorted hammers and tongs, I have yet to build a fire :oops: . So, while a blacksmith's shop might be called a "smithy", mine so far is more like a "pile of smith...stuff".

While Alf has the credentials to lay claim to being a woodworker, I really do not. I am but a tinkerer who loves old tools.

Roger Nixon":dlajn7tu said:
While Alf has the credentials to lay claim to being a woodworker
Yeah, they're... er... well, they're here somewhere. I'm sure I just put them down... Erm... Okay, who moved my credentials under this stack of moulding planes? It's not big and it's not clever... <blows dust off faded vellum and peers at aged lettering> "This is to certify the bearer is sound of mind and body and a hand tool collec-" Ha-hum. Wrong piece of paper... :roll:

Old anchor chain :?: :?: Very few ocean going vessels made it to Kansas. The material of choice here would be OCS (Old Chevy Springs).

waterhead37":f8x2fvcd said:
Last one to make their own chisel from an old anchor chain is a sissy!

Pah - I can get chisels without any trouble. :p

But I have cash waiting for anyone who can make me a couple of crosshead screwdrivers with traditional cabinetmaker's handles. You can use an anchor chain for the blades if you want :).

Back