Wooden Folding Art Print Rack Storage Display Stand

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caveman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I am a wildlife photographer and want to make a folding wooden stand to display some of my pictures in a shop, similar to the picture. Anybody know if there are some free plans around for this???

As this is a very specific item I'd expect that there aren't any free plans for it online and possibly none at all; haven't looked though, but I presume you did already and came up short.

But if it helps it is quite similar in general outline to some clothes airers, just with vertical members where on an airer there would be horizontal dowel rods. If you can find plans for an airer of this type it could be easy enough to adapt.

I think you could reverse-engineer it just from the photo though, maybe making a prototype in pine first to iron out any kinks before committing to hardwood.

Thanks Ed, thought that may well be the case. I like the reverse engineering idea, will give it a go on paper and see what I come up with. Not exactly a draughtsman but fairly handy with pencil and rule!

Many thanks MrTeroo - oh to have a workshop like that! Mine comprises a 24" shelf down one side off the garage!!

I'm not meaning to have a go here, but what do you think plans will tell you that you can't deduce from a combination of the photo you've provided and the overall dimensions that you require? There is nothing hidden or mysterious about the construction, so why not just work it out on the back of an envelope and get building?

MikeG, just looking for a bit of advice. At 80yo every idea I have throws up a challenge and always grateful for a bit of good advice! I am now reverse engineering one from the picture I found and it also had some basic dimensions.
Thanks everybody for all the help/advice, I consider this subject closed - however I will post a picture of the finished article 8)

Latest posts

Back