woodchuck lathe adapter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turkush1021

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to the wood turningi have recently purchased a 'Peter Child Masterchuck II' chuck, this has, i believe, 3/4" x 16TPI centre.

I have a Myford ML8 lathe that has a 1" x 12TPI spindle, does anyone know where i can get a adapter to marry the two together.

I have done the usual 'google' searches but with no joy, are there any solutions to this..?
thanks

thanks, i have looked and they list only 2 that are vaguely related to both sizes:

VIPERIB 3/4'' x 16tpi - M33 x 3.5 Exert
and
VIPERIG M33 x 3.5 - 1'' x 12tpi Insert for Viper & Nexus Chucks

neither seem the right one.. or am i missing something obvious, i apologise for my ignorance in advance.

or.. could i combine 2 adaptors to create the desired effect:

could i connect a: 1"x12 (F) to 1"x8 (M) spindle adaptor to a 1"x8 (F) to 3/4"x16 (M) spindle adaptor, it might extend a bit, but is that the only solution..?

thanks i'll take a looks had found the Peter Child one you've mentioned, but can't find one anywhere.

would the 2 adaptors to make 1 work...??

Turkush1021":38kain9g said:
thanks, i have looked and
neither seem the right one.. or am i missing something obvious, i apologise for my ignorance in advance.
I hadn't realised that the pairing you were hunting down was so rare. But I had a quick look 'cos of the challenge and you are right this isn't going to be easy!
No practical help at all but just thought I'd commiserate.
Maybe dig a bit deeper and buy an easier to adapt 2nd hand or new chuck (eg RP SC4 with M33) and sell the Peter Childs one?

I've just bought my first lathe, and am missing some kit, so if you decide selling and buying a better start point is the way to go, I might be interested in buying your current chuck :wink:

Back