WoodCentral Special Guest Chat Tonight with T. Lie-Nielsen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Here is a post on www.woodcentral.com announcing that Mr. Thomas Lie-Nielsen will be the guest on a special chat session hosted by Mr. Chris Schwartz. I realize that the hour will be exceptionally early for folks in the UK but thought that some might want to risk the loss of sleep and join the chat. Follow the link to the announcement. The WoodCentral board has a link to its chat room. Guests are welcome there.

Bob Hutchins
Temple, TX, USA

http://www.woodcentral.com/newforum/handtools.shtml

Alf":34rcbcez said:
I realize that the hour will be exceptionally early for folks in the UK
04.30 GMT I believe. The spirit is willing, but I fear the flesh will be weak... :oops:

Cheers, Alf

I suppose you will be tuning in TMS to hear Colly get his 100. He is not doing bad for someone not good enough for test cricket. Nice to hear GB eating a wee bit of humble pie :lol:

Andy

It was an interesting chat. A lot about saws (Mike, too bad you couldn't stick around, the question of modified rip filing came up just after you left) and new tools. Tom Lie-Nielsen even said that a 043 plow plane is high on his list of tools he'd like to offer...

Hi Frank,

I thought it would be best. I did go out and file some saws (til the wee small hours), but after my reference to myself and the Mikey saws, someone emailed me indicating they were going to ask me to discuss mine as a comparison (they have a couple of mine and all of TLN's)...I didn't want to be involved. But the difference in cutting was what the issue was.

Ellis said it'll be posted, so I'll read the transcript.

A LN 043...now that I would break down and buy...

Take care, Mike

Alf":139npcd7 said:
MikeW":139npcd7 said:
A LN 043...now that I would break down and buy...
Sheesh, back to the end of the queue for you, matey. Some of us were here first. :lol:
Cheers, Alf
Well, I'll tell you what. You can stand in line for the TLN version and donate your *real* 043 to someone needy. Like me :wink:

Take care, Mike

MikeW":2vw6jof1 said:
Well, I'll tell you what. You can stand in line for the TLN version and donate your *real* 043 to someone needy. Like me :wink:
Now, Mike, you know I would in a heartbeat, but technically it's my pop's so not mine to give away. Gosh, darn it. #-o :wink:

Cheers, Alf

bugbear":3izdlqyo said:
but technically it's my pop's so not mine to give away.

Yeah, like you've only got one...
Who's side are you on?! :roll: #-o

The other one has no cutters or depth stop - the latter having been filched to replace the missing one on the old man's example. Thanks to Martin I do now have a cutter clamp for it though, but it's still far from useable at the present time.

I only find wood lice under every rock, not tools. :cry: :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Well ok then.

Guess I'll have to hunt one down the hard way (and spend too much in shipping!).

But then again, furniture has taken a back seat to making the saws. Which has taken on a larger life than I thought it would. And I haven't even "opened the doors" yet. And sharpening. I don't get caught up until a Sunday rolls around--and then it begin the following Monday.

But I do have a few projects for me coming up that I find myself in a bit of a pickle. I've sold the Sargent 1080PB (#45 clone) and just sold off the #55 to raise cash for increasing saw capacity.

I might actually have to make drawer bottoms using the spindle moulder...unless I sell it too.

Take care, Mike

MikeW":28e0p4xf said:
I've sold the Sargent 1080PB (#45 clone) and just sold off the #55 to raise cash for increasing saw capacity.
Traitor. How can saws ever compete with the wonder that is the "Planing Mill in Itself"?! :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Who'll be saw-less before the combis start to go...

Traitor it is then. Cash is cash. And with all but one of the planned corded tools gone, and money is needed...

I guess there is that #271 still to go :wink:

And besides. You should see the DT handle I just roughed out in figured Myrtle...

Take care,

Mike "the traitor" :lol:

Latest posts

Back