Woodcarving Projects

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Daniel2

A Total Member !!
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Nice piece.
I'm always in awe of woodcarvers. It's an aspect of the craft wich remains a dark art to me.

Garno

Grumpy Old Git
Reaction score
I can't draw to save my life so I know wood carving would be beyond me.
My attempts would end up looking like Chris's ( @Bm101 ) lump of rock after he had hacked away at it 😜 ( Sorry Chris)

Droogs

Is that chisel shar ... Ow
Reaction score
Chris, your better half must really love you mate. I still can't tell what it is yet

Droogs

Is that chisel shar ... Ow
Reaction score
Oh dear, is it that bad :LOL: Should have gone to Specsavers:geek:
I just have and got new super-reader lenses and have to say I'm impressed. I can now see the computer screen and read a book at the same time, no longer must I have 3 pairs of glasses just to interact with my livingroom

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a box full of part finished carving some going back years, and have been intermittently progressing a couple of them recently, finally managed to get one to the stage where I've decided I've done enough, something I find difficult as I can always seen a bit more I want to refine, anyway this old timer has had one coat of wax which will be re-applied a number of times to get an acceptable finish and that's it, maybe a little 0000 wire wool to finess it a bit. My original intention was a smooth finish but I quite like the tooled look as it is

old timer 1.jpg
old timer 2.jpg
old timer 3.jpg
old timer 4.jpg
old timer 5.jpg

Material is boxwood, pipe was carved separately and he stands around 230mm (9") high.