Wood Yards in South Wales?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taffy Turner

Established Member
Reaction score
A question for all my fellow Countrymen out there (I know there are at least three of you!).

Can anyone recommend a decent supplier of hardwood in South Wales? I'm fed up with paying almost us much for delivery as for the wood with mail order, and still ending up with dubious quality!

There must be a decent sawmill or wood yard around the South Wales area, but I can't seem to find one.

I am not looking for anything fancy - just some Oak, Ash, maybe some Yew etc - nothing too exotic!

Cheers,

Gary

PS - COME ON WALES!!!!! I've got a ticket, and I have never seen the boys beat England live!

There's Glamorgan Hardwoods in Newport. Right next to the Transporter Bridge. Only been there once but they were more than happy to sell me small amounts and let me select my own wood. Take a torch though as the shed was quite dark.
There is supposed to be good one out Hereford way but I haven't been there yet.

Hi Gary,

You lucky b......! 8) Get me a ticket and I'll tell you where the Hereford woodyards are! :twisted: Or sell me your ticket :roll: Have a super day - it could be a good 'un. Bit of the old tribal warfare, nothing like it eh! :twisted: :twisted:

Cheers,

Trev.
(with memories of Wembley, 1999 - went up on a bus with Ferndale, Rhondda, RFC - marvellous!).

P.S. I'll get the names and addresses of the yards and let you know. One is by the private toll bridge near Hay-on-Wye. If I forget, either in the drunken elation or, less likely, drunken sorrow, of tomorrow, please remind me.

hi taf
what part of south wales are you
and i hope too god we beat them today

If you dont, then I imagine there will 4 huge poles (stored vertically) and a couple of shorter ones available for sale. :lol:

Too early to be talking about spoons I fear.

I'm not sure I can bear to watch :roll:

Tim

Somewhere just over the border in glorious England!!

I know Trev - sometimes you just have to let the little guy win - although clearly we didn't deserve to even get the scoreline we did.

The spoons - well maybe I was refering to the famous Welsh love spoons. The meaning depends on how you say that.

I'm going to shut up now :oops:

T

Hi Taffy, Saturday was a Wonderful day im just getting my voice back now . 11 / 9 :D :D :D :lol: .

Im new to this but my tutor put me on to Glamorgan Hardwoods , and I found them very helpful. I bought some ash and walnut from them for my table ( I posted some pics on my Hello All post, its all glued up and the dove tails are cut.) I had two guys go round with me showing me all the types of wood they had, I was there for about three hours and nothing was to much trouble for them. I would give them a TRY :D GET IT TRY :D :D

bobby dazzler":2k57lspy said:
hi taf
what part of south wales are you

Hi Bobby,

I am in Rudry, which is just outside Cardiff - how about you?

Thanks to everyone else for all the helpfull replies. I will certainly give the yards you recomend a try.

As for the rugby - it wasn't a classic, but it was certainly exciting. I still can't speak properly now - I sound like I have been gargling with gravel. I couldn't talk at all yesterday!

Let's just hope that the boys can build on Saturday's result, and we can have a season to be proud of.

These people look like they are worth a visit. 10 mins from J28 M4
They have been recommended to me by a friend from the valleys.

ISCA Hardwoods

HI WAS GOING TO SUGGEST ISCA HARDWOODS. WEBSITE LOOKS PROMISING. NOT USED THEM MYSELF THO.
GO AND SEE YOUR LOCAL JOINERY, THEY MIGHT SUPPLY YOU WITH WHAT YOU WANT. A CRATE OF BEER USUALY GETS ALOT OF USEFULL OFFCUTS. I GOT A LOAD OF BLACK WALNUT :D

Latest posts

Back