wood turning blanks that can be delivered or for practice?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homerjh

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all,

need to get back into the woodturning, been a while and not really had any decent wood to practice with either.

so do you know of anywhere that is reccomended that sells blanks that can be delivered (North west uk)? ideally nothing special or exotic as need to get my hand back in, so prefer not to error on an expensive bit of wood.

thanks

I used home of wood when I was starting out, they do various mixed packs/sacks of bowl and spindle blanks. All good, sensible prices and a great way to buy 'not too precious' stock for making mistakes and making good things as well.

I will use them again when I need more.

Snainton were well priced and were delivering a few weeks back when I ordered.

Homerjh":2l4iikjv said:
hi all,

need to get back into the woodturning, been a while and not really had any decent wood to practice with either.

so do you know of anywhere that is reccomended that sells blanks that can be delivered (North west uk)? ideally nothing special or exotic as need to get my hand back in, so prefer not to error on an expensive bit of wood.

thanks

Try WoodWiseUK09 On eBay, has about 400 listings for blanks, spindles pen blanks and boards/slabs.

Sachakins":1s7dpc11 said:
[]

Try WoodWiseUK09 On eBay, has about 400 listings for blanks, spindles pen blanks and boards/slabs.

You must have sparked a rush. has zero items listed now.

Lonsdale73":1wjffues said:
Sachakins":1wjffues said:
[]

You must have sparked a rush. has zero items listed now.

Got nice 8x8x2 sycamore, just checked eBay today.

thanks.

Looked around at several places and bought a pack from 'english woods', had 10% discount so was about £39 for a box of 10 mixed blanks.

just need to re-do my ellisworth grind to remove the convex and will take a look.

next issue will be what finish! or may just stick with danish oil for now.

Latest posts

Back