Wood & Tools Auction.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevtheturner

Established Member
Reaction score
This Saturday, 6th March at H.J. Pugh salerooms at Ledbury.
Sale starts 10 a.m., viewing 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Viewing also the previous day from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Catalogue should be on their website within next couple of days.

Usually loads of stuff there - some good, some bad and some bl***y awful! But a pleasant morning out if you are not too far away and a good opportunity to get some decent sausages from Gill's butcher nearby - or so we are told!

Hi Trev

Thanks for the memo :). I'll try to get His Lordship out of bed early on Saturday :roll: .

Incidentally, the free-range chicken is worth trying too (but they don't seem to carry many in stock, so leave one for me :) )!

Yours

Gill

Hi, Dewy,

Oops! :oops:
S'easy - try http://www.hjpugh.co.uk click on Auctions, then on sales. :wink:

You can also register with them if you wish and they will then e-mail you re: future sales catalogues, usually a couple of days before the sale.

Gill,

If I get there first (unlikely) I'll get him to put your name on a good big 'un for you 8)

Trev.

Dewy,

Just occurred to me, if you haven't been before the following might be helpful.

If you might be bidding you need to first register at the office in the sale room. They give you a card with your number on which you show to the auctioneer if your bid is successful - this identifies you with your Lot/s when you go to the office later to pay. (Sorry if this is a grandmother/eggs scribe). :oops:

Either take a big car/trailer or leave the folding stuff at home and don't register!

Trev.

Rats - much too far for me. Some of that wood looks interesting, and I'll bet there's a lot of fun to be had sorting the good from the bad in those tools!

Anyone know of similar auctions closer to London? I did a web search once but turned up nothing.

For anybody interested the auction results are now posted at:
http://hjpugh.co.uk
Look at the walnut prices!!
Much of the oak was was freshly milled but, if you can keep it in stick, would provide good stock in due course for about £12 - £15 per cu.ft.
(I picked up about 10 cu.ft. of decent spalted beech for turning at £7.50 per cube, and some oak boards 2" & 1-1/4" thick that will be air dried).

I also got my sausages (brilliant!) and a large steak and pheasant pie (brilliant!) from Gill D's butcher. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back