Wood to painted wall adhesive

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rafezetter":3020w4r8 said:
........20mm ply on inside of plasterboard wall?? WTF on earth for?........

I specify that now and then, particularly for stud walls in kitchens, utility rooms and bathrooms where clients haven't made up their minds about where stuff is going. It enables heavy stuff such as hand basins and WCs to be fixed to the wall securely without fixing to studs.

Osvaldd":20db6t3g said:
@rafezetter

The plywood is on the inside.

That doesn't help. You mean behind the plasterboard, within the wall construction......not on the inside of the plasterboard, which would imply that it was the visible face of the wall.

Im not good with words, I drew a little sketch of what I saw through the socket hole

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 18.14.19.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 18.14.19.png
    258.7 KB · Views: 53
I quite often use plywood for lining walls even if plasterboard or tile hanging board is going on top. It makes fixings a lot easier, especially if I change my mind on design layouts. It doesn't really add a great deal to the cost.

MikeG.":27vm86lw said:
rafezetter":27vm86lw said:
........20mm ply on inside of plasterboard wall?? WTF on earth for?........

I specify that now and then, particularly for stud walls in kitchens, utility rooms and bathrooms where clients haven't made up their minds about where stuff is going. It enables heavy stuff such as hand basins and WCs to be fixed to the wall securely without fixing to studs.

Ok handn't thought of that - makes sense in those areas, but in my defense I was going off an assumption this was in a hallway or similar :)

The other reason for having ply underneith the plasterboard is it may be a structural stud wall. I built one in my renovation last year following details supplied by a structural engineer.

Mark

I’ve just finished building a timber frame extension that was studwork with rock wool, 11mm OSB, PE, 40mm celotex, 11mm OSB, to be finished in plasterboard and skim. Feels very stable and like others have highlighted you can hang things anywhere without much thought.

Latest posts

Back