wood supplies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

essexcowboy

Established Member
Reaction score
now my experience has grown on the scrollsaw i want to progress from plywood projects to REAL wood, where do you experienced old hands :oops: get your wood from and what type of wood should i use for outside projects, my wife would like a sign for her garden that has resin inlaid so thinking it will need to be hardwood

essexcowboy":1oiadtpw said:
. . . my wife would like a sign for her garden

Do you live in the flat next door then :roll:

You could pick up some nice oak or beech if you wanted a lighter wood. Or maybe some mahogany if she wanted something a bit darker and richer looking. Unless the sign is going to be fairly long like "This is my garden and my husband is banned from coming into it" then the best bet is to find a local timber yard and have a root through their scrap bin. You can usually find off-cuts that would be perfectly good enough for a sign.

I hope you both had a happy Valentine's Day . . . her in her garden and you in your garage (hammer)

I have sent you a PM with details of a good supplier in your area. When you have made your sign you will need to give it an outdoor finish such as Danish oil.

once again you come up trumps with useful info. thats what makes this forum so great, thankyou

Would either of you mind sending me the details of the wood supplier mentioned above, being an Essex native I'm also looking for a good wood supplier.
Thanks,
Dave.

Latest posts

Back