Wood Snagging on Router Fence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had same bough mine cheap (made in China) on net next time will check local stores to see before buying. Got overy crappy casting of table overlaying with hard resing board driling board where feather bors were fixed on and made a fence. To save pennies spent it on time( materials were free), some of us will learn the hardway, however, will on workshop refurb be fitting into bench.
Numpty, I’m sure mine was made somewhere out East too, saves on their expense. I couldn’t think of making / modifying a table at this stage, maybe when I reach module 4! It’s a learning curve fir sure but as long as there is more than 50% enjoyment then the pros outweighs the cons.

I meant that, if the complete fence was laid face down on a absolutely flat surface, and the whole of both the two faces were simultaneously touching the flat surface, they would be co-planer. If the whole of only one of the two faces was touching the flat surface, and the whole of the other face was above the flat surface by the same distance all over, then the two faces would be parallel, but not co-planar.

I meant that, if the complete fence was laid face down on a absolutely flat surface, and the whole of both the two faces were simultaneously touching the flat surface, they would be co-planer. If the whole of only one of the two faces was touching the flat surface, and the whole of the other face was above the flat surface by the same distance all over, then the two faces would be parallel, but not co-planar.
Limey, thanks for that, great advice which I will certainly take forward. In the end I found that the fence was out bottom of left fence was jutting out. I’m not familiar, yet, with the technical name for it but in contacting Trend they have agreed to supply a new (tested) fence assembly. Happy ending. Thanks again for the input.

Latest posts

Back