Wood shaping tool advice required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi,

I am trying to find a tool/bit that will allow me to 'round' the end of a dowling rod in the style of a drum stick (grip end).

I have found 'rounding-over' bits, but these are clearly for edging purposes and as such, they not suitable my purpose.

I require a tool that will allow me to 'dome' the end of a dowling rod in a uniform way so that each item made conforms to the same measurement.

Any help you can offer will be gratefully received.

Thanks

How many do ou need to do?
When I want to dome the end of a dowel in small quantities I do most of the shaping on a bobbin sander, and finish with so fine grit paper.
The techniqur with the bobbin sander is to rotate the dowel 180º each way whilst swinging it in a arc to for the round over.
For larger quantities or very uniformly shaped domes, some smart person will be along soon to tell you a clever wat to do it... :wink:

Welcome to the forum pmbxuk!

Thanks Aragorn and Alf, that's what I call service. I had spent about four hours scouring the net for the information before finding this forum. I wil order one of the rounding blocks without delay.

The project moves on...

Thanks again

Welcome to the forum pmbxuk. :D

Please let us know what your making, I love to what everyone is working on, if you have a picture you could post, even better. 8)

Back