Wood screws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deema,
I try to accuire as much /many packing crates and custom pallets as poss cos wood here is so exp.....all are put together with Torx screws never a problem with removal and quite a few have gone rusty.....
this is for an Oak job in the new bathroom....
10@ 5mmx 60 brass screws €4,25...
10@ 6mmx 65 " " €5,45......
how does that comp with UK....?

yes, obviously needs a pilot hole the right size but then it threads itself, I don't always use them just when extra strength is needed.

I think finding the right screw for the job depends on the job

I tried 'ulti-mate stick-fit' putting together a shed last year, and was absolutely amazed by how well the supplied bit (pz2) grabs the screws, I was screwing straight up into the ceiling of the shed and found I could actually let go of the drill and it was suspended from the screw, admitedly it didn't do it every time and it wasn't the heaviest drill in the world, but still impressive. My thinking is that getting the best possible fit between bit and screw is the absolute best way to reduce cam out, closely followed by using the settings (low gear, suitable clutch) on the drill correctly, so you aren't still trying to turn the screw once it is home

I noticed the stick fit multipack was 45% off at toolstation at the moment if anyone is interested

https://www.toolstation.com/ulti-mate-stick-fit-trade-pack/p28865

Back