Wood sale this weekend

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpt

Established Member
Reaction score
HI

I just posted this in the turning forum then realised it should have been in here, sorry about the duplicate.

Nigel.
English Hardwoods
Geddington Sawmill
Grafton road
Geddington
Northants
NN14 1AJ

http://www.multimap.com/s/DPub4WMU

are having 30% off sale at the sawmill on Saturday 29th and 30th November.

Please ring 07979 251 497 or 01933 622096.

john

Chems":1b9f5grn said:
Didn't even know there was a saw mill there, what sort of stuff do they stock?

HI

Most English hardwoods depending on what he has cut down recentlly.

He gets most of his wood from the estate but also from other local places.

He has some turning blanks but mainly it is in boards, he cuts and dries it himself and knows the history of most of it.

He also has a big stock, or usually has, of figured wood some in book matched pairs, also a stock of bog oak.

He is well worth a visit even on non sale weekends, he is usually there on Saturdays from 10 till 4 as well as weekdays but it is worth ringing him before you visit to make sure he isnt out getting a tree or two. :D

The only connection I have with them is as a very happy customer.

john

I visited English Hardwoods on Saturday on a whim as I was already in Kettering. The Saw Mill is not well signed. You need to continue on Grafton Rd out of the village until you see a farm entrance on the left, about 130 metres from the junction with Bridge Street. Red spot marks the spot on this map :)

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq27 ... dsMap2.jpg

There was a very good selection of locally sourced English hardwood,Oak Elm, Chestnut, Sycamore, Yew to name a few, from pieces too big to put in the car down to saw cut burr veneers. I had not been here or met Nigel before but he was really helpful and knowledgeable. This wasn't a planned visit so I had little cash on me but I will definitely go back

Regards

Graham

Latest posts

Back