Wood Prices help required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
:?: Can someone give me some idea on the value of a piece of beech as per sample in Pic.
DSC00334.jpg

Midnight":329l8wvx said:
£18-25 / cubic foot..... roughly

Thanks Midnight, This was a gift from a very good friend and I need to make sure I respond in like fashion as and when appropriate as I suspect it will not be the last.

I have never purchased 'Raw' wood for projects so have no idea as to costs.

Taffy Turner":ntemgb2j said:
Chas,

Make sure you wear a decent respirator when you come to work that, or the mould spores will cause irreparable harm to your lungs.

Regards

Gary

Thanks for the warning, very reason it is still in present form. I am one of those who doesn't have time to shave so need a full face job and haven't plucked up the courage to tell SWMBO that it will cost as much as the chip collector I want and nearly as much as the lathe that is on the wants list

CHJ":2yymntw0 said:
Taffy Turner":2yymntw0 said:
Chas,

Make sure you wear a decent respirator when you come to work that, or the mould spores will cause irreparable harm to your lungs.

Regards

Gary

Thanks for the warning, very reason it is still in present form. I am one of those who doesn't have time to shave so need a full face job and haven't plucked up the courage to tell SWMBO that it will cost as much as the chip collector I want and nearly as much as the lathe that is on the wants list

Chas,

Like you I have a beard. I have mucked about with various forms of respiratory protection while turning with limited success. I was given a Trend Airstream Helmet for Christmas, and while they certainly ain't cheap, I would highly recommend one. No dust in my nose at the end of a hard day's turning now, and no problems with my safety glasses steaming up every time I breath out!

I am well chuffed with it. Thoroughly recommended.

Gary

I brought back the triton reespirator from Australia last year and it would be mpore suitable to wear with your appendages. Also has ear protection as well.
Worth investigating to get one imported if you have the connections.

Rutlands have the Trend Airshield on special offer at the moment, about £141 (inc. postage).Of course the don't have any in stock but at least they haven't deducted the money from my card yet.

jaymar":2odaudnm said:
Rutlands have the Trend Airshield on special offer at the moment, about £141 (inc. postage).Of course the don't have any in stock but at least they haven't deducted the money from my card yet.

Things are looking up!

Latest posts

Back