Wood Magazine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arlev

Reaction score
I am currently doing research on a PoW from WW2 who did wood carving in various camps
prior to liberation.

There was an article in Wood Magazine dated January 1946 (Pages 22-23) entitled 'Carvings
from a Prison Camp' by Alan Hadfield.

This seems to have been a UK magazine and nothing to do with the current magazine of the
same name in the US.

Does anyone know what became of the magazine? Or what it became? Who owns it? And, perhaps more
importantly, if anyone holds copies of its publications?

The first place I would start is either on-line at the British Library (bl.uk) or with help from a librarian at my local library.

A quick search of the BL catalogue for Journals with title=Wood shows that they do indeed hold copies of the mag from 1936 to 1971. (Not surprising - they have everything! ) There is also stuff there about a service - "British Library Direct" which enables anyone to order copies from old periodicals - "Search across 20,000 journals for free from this site and order full text quickly and easily using your credit card".

Even if it is still in copyright, a small extract for private study is permitted, so this could be just the service you need.

AndyT":1q4h01ss said:
A quick search of the BL catalogue for Journals with title=Wood shows that they do indeed hold copies of the mag from 1936 to 1971.

Would you give me the url, please? I tried to locate the magazine prior to posting my request but can't find anything on their site.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back