Wood ID please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dieseldog

Established Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what woods i have here please

Thank Dave
wood11 003.JPG

Attachments

• wood11 002.JPG
    wood11 002.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 445
  • wood11 003.JPG
    wood11 003.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 447
If you still have a couple of scraps in the very untidy workshop, if it's owt like mine??? :oops: :mrgreen:

The reason I ask is that iroko is one of the only woods that I have to be very careful about. Lovely wood, but it does not like me and the same goes for lots of turners! If you are turning it then my advise is to wear a good dust mask. It effects my hands, wrists and eyes too! Oh, just for kicks the dust is supposed to be carcenagenic or however you spell it? :?:

Once machined it is lovely and very weather resistant. A bit like a poor mans teak and used here for a lot of garden furniture. I think we have a 6 seater table and 6 chairs of it in our summer kitchen?

Jonzjob...yeah been told about the dust and i always wear a good dust mask.The wood does not effect my skin or my eyes
if my memory serves me rite it did have a funny smell about it and did a couple of times make me feel sick believe it or not

Back