Wood Glue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evostik External woodglue (PVA) has been my go to for years, but I've picked up some Titebond to see what the fuss is about :D.

The other consideration is the temperature. I have been happily working outside today on a couple of bits, but it is way too cold for PVA. So I have had to resort to pu. The glue worked great, but boy is it messy stuff!

Right then chaps, thank you for some really interesting comments on glue.

I had to take my wife for her second cataract op today in Axminster and had a few hours to while away so I had a wander around Power Tools (Oh to have pots of money!) and, I purchased some Titebond Ultimate III.

I spotted that one or two posters have used this. I will try to remember to give a bit of feedback when the job is completed.

Thanks again for all the input.

custard":38d9xpc9 said:
To Bm101's question, I always mix Cascamite in two separate operation, add half the water and mix to a really thick paste (like a stiff cake mix), then add the remainder of the water and mix to a smooth, double cream consistency. That way you minimise the risk of the fatal flaw when mixing Cascamite...a lumpy consistency!
Thanks Custard. This seems to be the optimum way of adding any fine powder to liquid. Way I was shown as a kid on a cement mixer, it's still the way I mix fine fillers like Toupret. Get the mix steady then bring up to your needed consistency. Perhaps I was worried for no reason. 8)
I even bought some syringes with blunt needles with the glue. Now there's summat I never saw myself doing 10 years ago.... :roll:
I can tell you straight the Mrs looked long and hard at me and said absolutely nothing as I opened an amazon box containing a pot of white powder and a plastic bag stuffed full of syringes.
"Want a sniff love?"

Cordy":38d9xpc9 said:
Cascamite
Custard wrote on page 3 HERE the secret is to decant
I split mine up into small plastic bags -- tied up with string -- it's still good :)
The 6 ft book-case got finished btw; now resides in Aigburth, Liverpool
Cheers Cordy. Interesting read.
I might just get a small bottle of liquid hide at some point too.
What with xy moisian's recent post to Peg's and tails, I was already looking. Funny how these things work out.
horse-sauce-t116439.html
https://pegsandtails.wordpress.com/2009 ... -adhesive/

Cheers all.
Chris.

Back