WOOD CUTTING SERVICES HOW MUCH

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BAGWELL

Reaction score
How much would you expect to pay for a wood cutting service ?
ie panels and the like,
as I used to use the free in house cutting service at my local diy centre as this suited me, cos i couldn't transport sheets and found it easer to have pre cut sheets for my projects.... But sadly this service is no more... :cry: and her in doors dosent like saw dust all over the garden and its raining (again )... :cry: went to my local timber yard :evil: and they seem to charge what ever they want depending on what mood they are in... how much is a reasonable figure ??????

Down at my local timber yard they say its 50p per cut but I've never been charged :D

I think 50p per cut is expensive and woudn't pay it. You didn't say how much your timber yard charges?

Hi Bagwell,

I agrre with Charley, 50p is to much, if your buying the timber form the same place then I would have thought they would cut it for free, its just another way of riping you off, pardon the pun!.
When getting timber from your next outlet, ask them if they charge for cutting.
Hope this is of some help, but as we all know, Britain is not called rip off Britain for nothing!. :(

borrow, beg or steal a straight edged clamp and a battery operated circular saw and cut the sheets in the supplier's car park :p

Back