Wood Carving?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: I hate technology sometimes!!

I got some lime today so I can have a play..... when I get time!!

Also bought a vice for my bench, and a carving vice/clamp on order (cheap record one)
So now I have the tools, the vice to hold the work, a freshly build jig for my grinder to sharpen the tools.... just need the time to do it now!!!

Melinda

Just a thought. Have you looked in your local library? most hold, or can get a variety of books for loan which are a wealth of inspiration.

To add to my previous posts, the key is VERY sharp tools. get yourself a piece of leather (old belt etc. or ask for a leather sole from a shoe repairer) and some chrome polish like autosol. Get into the habit of stropping the edge regularly as you work, just a few seconds as the more polished the chisel, the easier it cuts and better the finish straight from the tool.
Use the tool you feel comfortable and confident with for the cuts in hand. Some of the experts are too rigid imo when they say you "must" use a specific profile. (Think like Seve on the golf course who could play a whole round with one club).

And - ENJOY IT - that's the only real criteria is it not?

Bob

Lons":3mwwean8 said:
Melinda

Just a thought. Have you looked in your local library? most hold, or can get a variety of books for loan which are a wealth of inspiration.
Bob
Just hope the library hasn't been closed yet! :x

Back