Wonder Puzzle for Lin

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenfield Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Lin here is the Wonder Puzzle that is 1" square and the other is the size that I was making. The small one sure is easier to cut.

Bob

114909660.jpg

Bob, What size and brand of blade are you using to cut the puzzles........Different size according to thickness? The first one I did I used a #7 super sharp from PS Wood.....I had been given a few to try out......cut really well but I was cutting 1.75" Butternut.......The blade did not do well on the 1.75" walnut......I tried a #7 FD polar blade on 1.75" aspen and also has issues with it.......I have one more 1.75" aspen puzzle glued up.......will try a #9 polar or double skip tooth on it.......I may be dropping my thickness down also unless I can get my hands on some more butternut.......the piece of had was a leftover....no more in my stash.
Got an idea for another pattern for these sorta....Making the piece longer and cutting the tabs from the opposite direction.....and doing about four or five of them in a row....two rows per side of the piece.........might make for a very interest puzzle if it will come apart....lol
Lin

Lin, when I cut one that was 1.75", don't remember the blade size I used but it came out bad, couldn't get it apart. That is when I dropped the size to 1 3/8" and I used a no. 7 polar and worked OK. When I dropped the to 1" I tried a no. 5 FD-SR, I couldn't get the puzzle apart, so I went back to a no.7 Polar and it worked OK.

Bob

Jaco, I got to see the pic before it started hiding........looked just like the bigger one only smaller......lol
I cut one at 1.75" from aspen with a slice of walnut thru it......I used a #9 blade.......I got it apart....but wasn't easy and hard to put back together also......Thinking that downsizing the pattern is the way to go....or I need to find some more butternut......that's what I cut the first one from and it cut fairly easy......for 1.75" thick wood that is......
Lin

Latest posts

Back