"Wonder Puzzle"..Bob...need help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin

Established Member
Reaction score
Got it cut
wonderpuzzletogether.jpg

then made the mistake of taking it apart.
wonderpuzzlesapart.jpg

Bob, Are you going to come to Michigan to put this sucker back together for me?
As I type this...hubby and son are both trying to put it together behind me... :lol:
Lin

Lin,

Well I think thats the just desserts for making such a good puzzle. :shock: :wink:

So just how many pieces have you cut that small block into? :-k

If they do get it back together, could we please have an end grain picture? :whistle:

Did I say, nice job. 8)

Well.....we finally did get back together....it took all three of us to do it.......I jumped in a used the grain of the wood itself to help figure it out......if I hadn't put the piece of aspen in the middle...it would probably still be in pieces today.. :lol:
I will take a pic of the end of it today and post.......there are nine pieces to this little puzzle......you would think that it would be easier to get back together......but it only goes together one way.......I think I won't take it apart again for a while......I do think this is really neat and got a great laugh while the two boys were trying to put it together....fussing at one another.......but when I got involved it the process......I totally understood then.....we were all fussing at each other......over a nine piece puzzle... :wink:
Lin
edit to add pic of endgrain.....
wonderpuzzleendgrain.jpg

Funny Lin,
The different color of wood in the middle does make it easier to put back together. After awhile it's no fun, to easy.
They make nice gifts.

Bob

Sounds like every puzzle makers nightmare. :lol: :lol:

I do like the look of that puzzle and I think I'm beginning to see how it is cut out. Any chance of a picture of the other side before you take it apart again?

TIA

Lin,

Thanks for the picture, :) any chance of posting the other side as mudman requested? :D

Is this a traditional puzzle or one that has been designed recently? :-s

In my very capable expert hands, that would = 1 cubic inch of sawdust!
:D
Would like to see it when complete, Bob.

Here's a pic of "The other side".....tried another one last night from walnut with a cherry strip in the middloe......cut much harder (broke a blade on the second cut) and wouldn't come apart......thinking at 1.75" on the thickness you need to stay away from a dense wood.....the walnut I used was very dense...gonna glue up some aspen next.....
Lin
am also curious to see how one comes out at 1".....Bob, tell us what wood you use mostly for these? ..and how thick you normally cut them?
wonderpuzzleotherside.jpg

Lin,
The ones I have been making, I cut down to 1 3/8". 1 3/4 was to thick for me. I have been making them out of Walnut and wrap them in clear packing tape.

Bob

Latest posts

Back