WON! WON! WON! David Charlesworth DVD

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Well you lucky people, David has kindly agreed to let me offer up this review DVD as a prize. Yay! So three simple questions (as long as you're able to follow a link or two...) to be PM'd to me by 9am on Monday 29th. All correct answers go into the hat and a winner drawn. So the questions:

1. David trained with one of the founders of the Devon Guild of Craftsmen; who? (and incidentally, have you visited his website recently...? <hint>)

2. The Devon Guild of Craftsmen has a gallery at Riverside Mill; where is it? (I will take the most obvious answer)

3. What brand of waterstone do Lie Nielsen stock? (Read the review, it'll make sense
tounge.gif
)

Good Luck!

Cheers, Alf

Well those questions are far too hard for me :D
Very kind of David to offer the prize.
And it looks like it has pipped Alf over the 3000 post mark!!!!
Congratulations. I see you are now officially a Galoot.

As if we didn't know. :wink:

Aragorn":vny5gf9n said:
Well those questions are far too hard for me :D
Very kind of David to offer the prize.
I may have twisted his arm a wee bit...
whistling.gif

Aragorn":vny5gf9n said:
I see you are now officially a Galoot.

As if we didn't know. :wink:
Pah! I thought packing in the modding was my only chance of being a Master Furnituremaker or whathaveyou (woodworking ain't going to do it) and Charley goes and makes me a galoot. <Sigh>
rolleyes.gif

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Quite a few entries - I may need a bigger hat...
blink.gif

Alf":xsslcorh said:
Pah! I thought packing in the modding was my only chance of being a Master Furnituremaker...
Huh? Packing in the modding? You serious? Since when?

Yep, since, er, yesterday. No big deal; just needed a break while I attempt to actually get into the workshop for a bit (and I have too).
smile.gif

Cheers, Alf

Well, I've already PM'd you about what I think about that!
No doubt your inbox is bursting at the seams with other "about time" and "thought you'd never leave" sonnets. :wink:
On a serious note, thank you so much for the moderating and comments you've contributed. Hope you'll pop your head out of the hand tools section once in a while!

Jolly pleased you can't now move this to "off-topic".

Could anyone let me have the full title of David's DVD's and if Amazon stock them ?

have read about the dvd's in another forum but can no longer find referance

christmas coming, and just been asked which dvd would I like

regards Pete

Hiya Pete,

"Hand Tool Techniques Part 1: Plane Sharpening" and "Hand Tool Techniques Part 2: Hand Planing". If Amazon stocks them I'll be mightily surprised; you're best bet is directly from DC.

Cheers, Alf

Well I tried to get the most independant name retrieval operative I could think of, but Bertie the parrot is scared of hats and wouldn't play... So instead a Power That Be did the honours, and the winner is:

froglet!

Congratulations.
biggrin.gif

Cheers, Alf

Oh no forced to de-lurk, I knew I should never have entered.

At least this will now force me to buy some sharpening implements so I can actually get down to using the hand tools I bought at Tools2004.

Graeme

Back