Women.. sheesh.!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight

Established Member
Reaction score
Couple of weeks ago I let SWMBO loose on the puter, ordering the groceries online. Being her first time, I kept a close eye on her, checking the order myself before completing it...

Given that I'm up to my neck in work right now, I didn't object when she asked if she could do it again this week... this time I figured that she'd need less supervision / checking as she saw how I did it last time around so I let her at it..
whaddamistake-t-make... :oops: :shock: :oops:

Groceries arrive this afternoon and she starts unpacking; seconds later there's an anguished HOWL from the kitchen followed by a torrent of rather colourfull language...
Long and the short of it.. she's ended up with 7 packs of choc muffins...and is swearing blind that it's the store's fault...

Soooo... I open the order confirmation e-mail to see for myself what she'd ordered... sure enough... first bloody line reads:-

Qty Description Size Price Total
7 Tesco Healthy Living 4 Chocolate Muffins Each £1.09

they've taken over half the kitchen worktop space... I've visions of having to live on the bloody things for days on end... and of course... none of this is her fault... Ahem...

one saving grace... this trumps my gaff with the bags of apples last year... :oops: I can use this as a put down for yearssss... :twisted:

A few months ago His Lordship told me he was going into Birmingham and asked if he could pick up anything from Chinatown, since he'd be passing through. I said he could get a bag of beansprouts because you get more and they're cheaper than those you buy locally. He came back with a commercial size bag - about 20 gallons :roll: .

It's not just women who do these sorts of things.

Gill

Gill,

I have offered to do the food shopping on numerous occasions but for some strange reason, LOML won't let me. I think she would have to have broken both legs and arms before she said "yes". Perhaps she has that uncanny insight into male behaviour patterns that women seem to possess.? :)

Healthy living and chocolate? Isn't that a bit of a contradiction in terms? :roll: :lol:

But more to the point: Mmmm, chocolate muffins... drool...

Cheers, Alf

Usually myself and Mrs T do the shopping together with the kids. However, when I go alone (or just me and kids), I find that it takes 1/3 of the time and I usually spend around £40 less AND get everything on the list.

Strange forces at work in our local shops.....

I just got back from the fridge.. had the idea of making a cuppa as ya do... opened the fridge door t fetch the milk and 4 packs of muffins launched themselves at me like some mutant ninja Tribbles... :shock: :roll: :shock:

it's enough t give a guy a complex..... sheesh..... :? :shock:

this... after showing SWMBO Gill's post earning me a thump...

I dinna get paid enough for this....

Midnight":3m2rela7 said:
I just got back from the fridge.. had the idea of making a cuppa as ya do... opened the fridge door t fetch the mild ...

:lol: I prefer a tot of brandy in my coffeee, Mike :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :wink:

Mike,

It is a shame you live so far away, or I would have offered to pop round and assist you with your chocolate muffin emergency - I love chocolate muffins! :D

Taffy

Back