Wiring in LED Battens

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beech1948

Established Member
Reaction score
Silly question but I have yet to see ALL of the bits and pieces to wire in LED battens in or from one place. What have you used and how did you proceed with wiring. Not mains wiring but switch to lamp.

not sure I understand the question - my wiring comes from the consumer unit on its own RCBO, into the switch first, then off to the first baton, then second and so on

Sorry to put it like this. But to ask a question like this suggests that you either need to familiarise yourself with electrical installation standards (beyond the limits of a forum answer) or employ an electrician. Led battens literally have L N and maybe E terminals, same as any other luminaire.

If you are buying complete batons and installing, there should be wiring instructions with the units. If you don't have instructions, search the internet, and you should find many colourful diagrams which show standard wiring for light fittings, including the wiring to the switch. There will be a live, neutral and possibly earth to connect, but it depends on what you have already. The baton may require an earth, but you might not having an earth coming down to the existing light fitting.
Your question isn't 100% clear, but a picture to show what you have is worth 1000 words. :)
As Dee J says, It is better to have an understanding of how lighting circuits are wired.
If you are just replacing an existing light fitting with a LED baton it is quite straightforward, but you must ensure you connect properly and you must earth it if an earth is required.
if you are replacing a traditional tube with a LED baton, you need to replace the started cap with the equivalent part supplied with the LED baton.
When in doubt, ask on here, you will get help.

Back