Wire twisting tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pallet Fancier

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello. After struggling to fix a parasol, today (the head is held together with a loop of wire, twisted closed, which had snapped) and with my future plans for fencing and other jobs that need one long length of stuff attaching to another and then being left outdoors, I started thinking about the various wire twisting tools I've seen.

Anyone have an opinion on what's hot and what's not?

I've been trying to find a youtube channel made by a Russian Ray Mears who was building his own log cabin and had made his own version of a wire twister, complete with a wood-inlaid handle. Looked gorgeous. Can't find it, now.

I used lock wire pliers also called safety wire pliers all one the aircraft I maintained.

Rebar is twisted together with an offset hook type tool. Now they have special cordless stuff for that.

A stick in the middle of a loop of fencing wire to twist it tight, usually diagonally between two posts to brace them is as fancy as I have ever needed. Stick is left in case you want to come back down the road to twist it some more to snug it up.

Pete

Clamptite is the one you commonly see used. Unfortunately it's very expensive for what it is but it's also not the easiest tool to replicate yourself without a machine shop.

I have looked for several years now to get something similar here but not yet found an affordable option.

FWIW Wire twisting pliers while useful do not perform the same task at all.

the Channel Name in english means "A Lawyer Makes" The channel name is Advoco MAKES: here is the video

Cool. If I'm ever arrested by Russian police, now I know what to ask for! (Right after I ask them to please remove my nuts from the table vice, and my fingers from the G clamps.)

Thanks for the link ;)

Back