WIP Painted face frame kitchen- Birch Ply

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
munkypuzel":1vwscymp said:
Skipdriver,

The 'laying off' brush that i bought was a Hamilton, it just left long brush strokes in the paint however i used it. The picasso wont leave lines when used side by side. I haven't used any other hamilton brushes on this project though. I guess its about expectation - the finish i achieved with the cheapo brushes, is the same finish i have accepted on all of my decorating woodwork for 20 years! I just wanted better for the kitchen cabinets. I have suddenly become really fussy :)

Thanks

Thanks for that. I've had a look at the brushes you mention and they are not that expensive, so i will get a set. My brother uses Hamilton but i'll let him have a go with mine and see what he thinks. I've just done some wardrobes that he painted up for me and they were spot on. To be honest, i don't know if he still uses Hamilton brushes, he may have changed with all the new paints on the market. I'll ask him when i see him next. Come to think of it, he may have used a roller on the wardrobe doors, can't remember now.

munkypuzel - the kitchen is looking great.

I'm shortly about to embark on a new kitchen build; though the carcasses and drawers will just be off the shelf IKEA parts. I want to make my own doors, with a similar simple frame and panel construction from poplar.

Ideally I'd like to spray, but I doubt I'm going to have a suitable space. In terms of painting with the brushes you've used, would you say the finish is good (i.e. it doesn't really look like it's been brushed on)?

Could I ask what supplier you used for the poplar? I've found a couple but they didn't do poplar faced ply.

I'd just like to join in and say how good this looks.

I'm especially impressed by your ideas on opening up the roof and end wall - even from photos it's clearly going to be a much lighter and pleasanter place. Inspired!

I think when you have finished this kitchen it will be an amazing difference from what was (from the photos) a quite dark room, the standard of your work is excellent. You deserve enormous brownie points from Mrs Munkeypuzel! Well done that man.

That is a very nice looking bit of cabinet work. I would be very proud to put in up on this forum and you certainly can be.

Mark

I did a search for kitchen and yours came up. Really impressed. Have you done anymore. I'm doing something quite similar. May I ask how you did the face frame dividing rails for the drawers. Do you do a 45 degree just on the cock bead portion. Also you did the frame 40mm wide, I presume the ply is 18mm so when carcasses are put together you get a 2mm over hang. I'm having side mounted drawer runners would this overhang interfere .

Back