WIP Comp entry - TV Stand in maple - FINISHED!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Tony and Paul (and others). Keep staring at the flame on the legs and on the edge of the top rather than the telly

Pleased that you were able to finish in time. :)

I like the overall 'lightness' in the appearance of the piece (that works well in a corner, I think) and the finish looks to have come out very well, also.

Where did you get the supports for the glass shelves from?

A really nice design and well documented WIP. The decision to limit the glass shelves to just the inside front legs makes it look elegant.

Dave

The shelf supports came from ebay, there were several that came up in a search, but I went with this guy who stocks loads of different shelf supports and also plenty of other useful hardware/accessories and turned hardwood knobs with spigots

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Tuxford-B ... QQ_armrsZ1

Saved as a favourite seller.

Actually I have 8 of those supports left over, I had to buy more than I needed and the shelf re-think meant I used 4 less than planned. If you want them Olly just PM me your address and I'll send them on - my thank you in lieu of a beer for the bandsaw spot earlier in the year

looks really good Mr. Balls. It looks the part even without the final glass, though I can see thats been a frustrating process for you...

Ed

as they say in this neck of the woods, Pukka! :wink:

Well done sir, I reckon you've done a great job of designing and constructing a grand piece of stylish and functional furniture there. Here's hoping for a Wezzy winner, best of luck- John

Thanks again chaps, one of my mates who hails from Skipton uses Wezzy as a term of derision! Bloody yokels

Hey IB well done. I'm a n00b here, but I've followed this project since it kicked off. My first impression of your design was like, 'ugh - retro cack'.

But your end product is sublimely beautiful, kinda like a Bose in a world of Wharfedales. Tip o'Hat to you.

And my OH says she wishes I had the quality of tool that you seem to get your hands on every day.

Good luck in the compo, and congrats on producing a quality thread.

Awesome!

Thank you very much Jeff and I'll try and avoid all the innuendo to do with tools in hand, though it will be hard. Argh rubbish... :)

Interesting that you thought it might be retro at the beginning, was that based on my ace Scribble It drawings or the early stages? Hopefully it has come across as classical but with a modern touch, but that's only my opinion (and it's biased) and one man's classical is another man's mock tudor hell hole :wink:

Thanks for the comments

A very nice piece of contemporary furniture IB, you should be well pleased with the outcome and standard of workmanship you've achieved :wink:

It has, thay rang me today and I'll pick them up tomorrow. Don't need the temp shelves returning either as they were made up from offcuts. Which will help as we have a cunning plan to slide one shelf out and the other in by just lifting up the boxes.

Forty quid for two bespoke shape 6mm toughened shelves doesn't seem too bad

Hey IB,

To me, your ace Scribble It drawings said 'Renaissance' or 'Medieval'. Even 'Gothic'. Nothing wrong with that, I hasten to add, except there's scant evidence that they had TVs in those times. Trust me, I Googled it.

When do we find out the compo final result?

Back